View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 04:10 PM   #64
Pete F.
Canceled

What worries me is we have saved everybody from having to pay for Obamacare and have not even tried to fix the medical cost conundrum, are trillions in debt and now we need to build a wall to keep out immigrants and add to our roughly 5000 nuclear weapons because somebody else with bad hair has 10. Other than the Russians nobody has 10% of what we do currently. Look and see how many nukes the Chinese have, latest estimate I see is 260, probably plenty to F the world up.
Think about how this works. If I am a very rich man my illnesses might kill me but can never bankrupt me, even if i self insure. And as a rich man, I own stock in the companies that provide insurance, drugs and healthcare and make the profit I deserve(hey just because you don't have any capital its not my fault) I don't think I should have to help anyone else. But I need protection for the things I have and my way of life so i need you to fight for me for a pittance and finance my war machine. Oh by the way I make a lot more money from the military by supplying the armaments that you need to protect me.
Think about when you were a kid, who owned the store on the corner, the gas station, the butcher, the baker, the hardware store, etc. they lived in the community and made some money. Who owns those places now and where does the money go? I bet the manager in the convenience store you get coffee at makes a bit over minimum wage and your money goes to corporate america, not your neighbor and fellow local taxpayer.
So much for the top 10% and I assume the rest of you are with me in the bottom 90% of Americans.
What I want is to work together to control costs to a reasonable limit for Healthcare, Infrastructure, Military and other needs. Maybe that makes me a liberal, but I kinda think it makes me a reasonable person. Rant over

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin