Thread: Trump
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2022, 11:41 AM   #342
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I saw some...actually... a lot ....of very violent attacks on police and military members the summer prior and they didn't fire any bullets

this was an unarmed woman, and maybe she was mentally unstable, but I thought that was a reason not to shoot someone, particularly if they are unarmed

I'm not defending her, I believe what happened to her was the result of bad decisions she made that day just as many police shootings are the result of bad decisions made by those that get themselves shot...it's just amazing to see the response of some to her killing....
I just find it interesting how you are backing away, or quantifying
a statement made by Jim, that I took issue with...
She put herself in the line of fire. How many thousands of miles did she travel from her home? Her right to peaceful protest ended when she, as a member of the group, proceeded past police barriers, up the step, and breached the Capitol. She put herself there. What is so amazing about my response??? She asked for it.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.