View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 10:20 AM   #83
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I'll bet you get this pissy when there's nothing but crushed wheat thins at the bottom of the box as well.

Apples and oranges. Different context. It's all relative. Depends on his perspective regarding the relative importance of wheat thins compared to Obama. No doubt, for most sane people, the wheat thins would take priority.

Hell, if Obama went to the funeral people would be beotching the only reason he went was as a publicity stunt because he hates conservative white men.

I can just hear Hannity ranting about the security cost and why is the President wasting taxpayers money.
I realize that's just sarc. Which is OK. As wdmso would say, we all should have the discretion to interpret--even in order to promote an agenda.

Even though your pissy sarc is not true, and you know it (my discretionary interpretation), I don't personally care if he goes to the funeral or not. I don't think his respect is more important than anybody else's. In fact, in my discretionary opinion, it would be hypocritical for him to attend the funeral. He has publically disrespected the Court, why should he pretend to care or honor the passing of one of its members, especially one he probably dislikes more than most others. If I were Scalia, I would not have wanted him at my funeral.