Thread: Fall Run?
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 10:11 PM   #63
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgie View Post
Worst part about having one done early In life...... once one door hinge goes the other ain’t far behind
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I am most fortunate and grateful that my left knee is in excellent shape and shows great spacing between the bones. (See x-ray) My first surgery for torn ACL was September 1975.So that left knee has carried the load for 45 years before the TKR.

I have accepted that this is likely a two year recovery to see what my maximum gain will be. So that puts me into Memorial Day 2021. I am grateful to be walking, working, and making the most of what we have while waiting for 2020 to pass.

My apologies for the hijack of the Fall Run thread. I miss the old days running up and down beaches chasing blitzing bass and blues... Many an afternoon there would be guys in business suits, dashing barefoot into the mayhem, rods in hand, during their commute home.

The knee replacement deserve its own thread, if only for those who might be on their way to considering having such a procedure. As Clammer says, appreciate what you have... in this case, your mobility.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote