View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 05:24 PM   #67
Piscator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
I am waiting for you to say something of content. RIJimmy I could at least sit around and have a good discussion with since he actually makes points. You don't say anything? Oh yeah, except that Colbert isn't satire and I don't make intelligent points. At least I am making points. Tell what is wrong with my points on the tax rate for business? You don't like that I didn't say 224 years since we ratified the constitution. Ok, you are right. What came before that was not actually the United States. What about corporate taxes? What else you have to say.
Corporate taxes have a lot of arguments that go both ways. One could argue the following points for the government giving corporations a tax break:
Increased corporate taxes could reduce corporate revenue to a point that stock performance would suffer, that would reduce capital gains taxes collected by the government.
Earnings would be reduced and corporations would then increase prices in which place the consumer would pay higher prices.
Corporations would cut costs in the form of jobs to offset the additional taxes they have to pay.

The list could go on and on. I'm not saying a company like GE shouldn’t be paying their fair share of taxes. I'm just saying there is a lot involved here. Much of it is way beyond my knowledge.

I guess fundamentally I think differently. To me the answer isn’t who can we tax or where can we find more tax money. My thoughts are, let’s cut all the waste and frivolous spending going on right now. Taxes are like a drug to our Government and when they need money, they look at increased taxes before anything else. They need to look in the mirror and cut the fat. Like I said, taxes to are like a drug and our government (or most parts of it) are addicted

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"