Thread: Hillary
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 11:12 AM   #222
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
You call it "very good perspective" , and you call Marc Steyn's perspective "malarkey". You don't offer one shred of support for why one guy's perspective is "very good", and the other guy's perspective is "malarkey", because you don't dig that deeply. If someone agrees with you, they are correct, if someone disagrees with you, they are incorrect.

I had always said, that if there were no special forces available, then, you can't send what you don't have. I still don't know if that's true. Gates says no one was available to send. Others have said forces wanted to go, but were told to stand down. I want to know the truth.

As to Gates' assertion that you can't send in a Delta Force team unless you have absolutely perfect intelligence? He's wrong. He's just wrong.

Spence, do some research on the publicly available data on what these guys do...they specialize in the impossible, and they are ridiculously good at it.

You think they had perfect intelligence about who, and what, was inside Bin Laden's compound? The Seals didn't know if people in there were wired with explosives, they didn't know if there were booby traps, they didn't know if Bin Laden was holding hostages. You could fill the oceans with what they didn't know. And yet they went in.

Lastly Spence, where in Gates' piece did he say that the Libyans rejected our request to send in troops, because you certainly mentioned that as a reason why no help was sent in...