View Single Post
Old 02-10-2016, 12:49 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I can't see the video but I can imagine what it is.

The part you're missing is that blacks get treated far differently than whites in many, many aspects including their day to day interactions with the police. They get stopped far more on per capita basis (then get let go w/o tickets), their car gets searched for drugs far more than white yet whites get caught with drugs far more. W/O that background (which us whites can't understand bc we don't get stopped like blacks do) we can't understand the BLM movement.

The right is infatuated with blacks - just look at what an Al Sharpton or Jessie Jackson thread will do for the post count here. People who never post will be all over the thread.
"The right is infatuated with blacks "

The left is not? Are you serious? Conservatives like me, want to leave race out of discussions where it has no bearing. Liberals cannot look at anythging without bringing race into the equation.

I hear you that blacks likely have a different experience in their interaction with cops. And we need to work on that. But the fact is, that community commits a vastly disproportionate share of violent crime, therefore more cops will be patrolling those areas in stressful conditions, which of course leads to confrontations.

No sane person thinks that blacks have a legitimate reason to be afraid of white cops. They might not be treated "fairly" all the time (get pulled over more, etc), but their lives aren't in danger. When a cop tells you to come out with your hands up, you come out with your hands up, and THEN you avail yourself of all the protetcions the criminal justice system gives you.

The BLM movement came about because of a lie. It came out of the Ferguson case, where state and federal authorities (under a black attorney general) concluded that the white cop didn't do anything wrong.

Sorry, it makes for great talking points, but I ain't buying it.