View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 11:46 AM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
You can't have it both ways. Hit the middle class with a larger tax burden and there's no money to buy goods and services...supply side alone doesn't work.

To create more taxpayers through job growth will require innovation, education and inspiration.

I wasn't mocking God, I was mocking Michelle Bachmann. Oh, and God happened to think it was pretty funny

-spence
Spence -

"Hit the middle class with a larger tax burden"

Who, exactly, hit the middle class with a larger tax burden? NOT BUSH, because afetr his tax cuts, the wealthiest Americans paid a HIGHER share of the total tax burden. That reduces the tax burden on the middle class.

Spence, please, get some facts. I could post a thousand links supporting my position...here is one...

Bush tax cuts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The Wall Street Journal editorial page states that taxes paid by millionaire households more than doubled from $136 billion in 2003 to $274 billion in 2006 because of the JGTRRA"

Spence, you are entitled to your own opinions, not to your own facts. It is irrefutable fact that wealthy Americans paid a HIGHER percentage of the tax burden, after the Bush cuts. Bush also lowered your tax rate, and mine, by the way...