View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 08:28 AM   #132
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
yes pete, i specifically said that it’s a good thing that americans kill each other.

more death!

according to your side, no cash bail,,defunding police, and closing federal prisons, are ideas that will result in fewer americans killing each other?

stick with that platform, especially right now, in a swing state like WI. that platform will be very popular in WI today.

so stupid.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Cash bail is one of the bigger drivers of recividism, Sam gets arrested for a petty theft committed because he’s broke or nearly so. Can’t post bail, loses his job.
When he gets out he’s broke, homeless and jobless.
Wonder what his choices are?

Police get called for a welfare check, autistic person they are checking on freaks, untrained cops freak, someone ends up dead.
Defunding was an unfortunate choice of words, changing the role of police is supported by police.

For profit prisons have zero incentive to reduce recidivism, who’s going to reduce their customer base. We imprison far more people than other developed countries, is that because Americans are more likely to commit crimes?

But be very afraid, because someone has found an extreme example and presented it as the norm.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin