View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 01:22 PM   #98
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I thought Obama was by far, the most divisive POTUS we had ever had. Trump is more overtly offensive and probably more polarizing, I don't think that can be denied.
Obama's divisiveness was largely driven by a large number of people who disliked him because he's black.

Quote:
Again, the media, in support for the democrat party, makes it very difficult for the GOP to nominate a true gentleman, look at how they treated McCain and Romney.
McCain would have like won if he didn't pick a running mate that was an instant SNL punching bag and tell everybody things are great when the recession was clearly coming. The Romney race was pretty close but it's hard to unseat an incumbent when things are going pretty well. But sure, blame the media, blame blame blame.

Quote:
If you want to see what I mean, watch the confirmation hearings for whoever Trump nominates for SCOTUS. It will be the ugliest political theater ever, I predict.
I don't think they'll be able to upstage the GOP's treatment of the FBI last week. My prediction is that it will be pretty civil.