Thread: Judge Kavanaugh
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 05:03 PM   #152
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think you're conflating issues Jim. Warren wants all college loans to be at a low enough interest rate so the lender -- often the US Government directly -- doesn't see a profit. I'm not sure why this would be a bad thing.

The predatory issue she has was with shady colleges working to attract students but failing to deliver an education. Previously the government would forgive these loans if the complaint was qualified...under Trump this has pretty much ceased.

Holding all the cards doesn't mean much if you're at the craps table just FYI
"Warren wants all college loans to be at a low enough interest rate "

Which colleges would use as an excuse to pay unionized professors more, to jack up tuition more.

If you want to lower the cost of tuition, a good start would be to not have professors getting paid 400k a year to teach one class. I see Warren isn't advocating for that, gee I wonder why...

"Holding all the cards doesn't mean much if you're at the craps table "

That's true in theory. But when I look at what the GOP is holding right now - the Oval Office, both chambers of congress, and a large majority of state governorships and legislatures...when I see all that, I'm pretty confident that I'm not the one who wandered moronically into the wrong table. Have fun making that wrong.