Thread: Россия
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 01:25 PM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
And Trump was not highly critical of the neo-nazis in Charlottesville. He said there was fine people on both sides so he was defending neo-nazis. Again let me say it he was defending neo-nazis. So along with that he has yet to criticize the Russians for interfering with our elections. Should I repeat that one again also.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"Trump was not highly critical of the neo-nazis in Charlottesville"

Here's what he said (in addition to saying there were fine people on both sides):"We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides, on many sides...it has no place in America"

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-speaks-charlottesville-rally"

So, if the people you get your news from (MSNBC? The View? Al Jazeera?), told you that Trump was not highly critical of the white supremacists, it appears you were duped. Unless I'm supposed to believe that when he condemned hate and bigotry, he didn't mean when it comes from Nazis. That's probably what you believe, but there is zero evidence to lead one to that conclusion.

"Again let me say it he was defending neo-nazis."

If you say so...Last month, my 6 year-old said again and again, "I ate my sandwich, I didn't give it to the dog". But when the dog then vomited a sandwich all over my floor, my son (like you) was in the unenviable position of having the evidence defy what he was saying. You can say it as many times as you want. The evidence says something else.

Trump is not a good guy, not even close. He may well be a racist, I don't know. But he did not offer any support to the white supremacists at Charlottesville. None.

When Trump was talking about Mexican immigrants two years ago, he said many are nice people. He also said some are rapists and drug dealers. All that got reported, was that he implied all Mexicans are racists and drug dealers.

Saying he supported the Nazis, is a lot like saying he said all Mexicans are drug dealers and rapists.