View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 05:52 PM   #4
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

My suggestion would be to buy something well within your budget.

"...Too many people buy things they don't need with money they don't have trying to impress people they don't even like..."

IMO = I've seen some ridiculously priced surf bags (for my budget). The cost of the bag alone could outfit a fisherman with everything he or she'd need to catch a fish and even put some gas in the tank to get there.
I still own the very first surf bag I ever bought...yes, I've had to make small repairs, replace straps, modify tubes, etc...but it still does the job asked of it. Cost me about $20...guessing over 25 years ago.
I also have a more modern bag. It's one of the high end models probably costing more than 10X as much as my original. Don't get me wrong, it's a better made bag.....but if someone's on a budget, whether wife-driven or not, they shouldn't be fooled or socially egged into thinking they "need" one of these "high-roller" bags.
It's also important for me to mention that I'm not knocking any of our modern-day plug-bag mfg'ers nor their product lines.
Not knowing what level-bag or budget you're targeting makes it hard for the more experienced plug-bag owners (the guys that own more than they "need") to chime in.

I'm guessing that this is not the type of reply you were looking for...just don't go breaking the bank on something you don't need...unless you're fortunate enough not to have a bag budget. If that's the case, we're in a different league and I couldn't help you either way.

Best of Luck ~

......it finally happened, there are no more secret spots
bloocrab is offline   Reply With Quote