View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 10:59 AM   #46
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"Wages have actually dropped since the tax cut was passed"

There are articles saying June 2018 was a big month for wage gain. I guess it depends on the agenda of the person answering the question. How does low unemployment, fail to help wages?
Here is the data on wage Gains, they are insignificant
https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/CES0..._view=net_1mth

"Nearly all the tax cut benefits have gone to large shareholders"

The wealthy will ALWAYS disproportionately benefit when the economy improves. That cannot fail to happen. When the stock market soared during the Obama years, did that not benefit the wealthy more than the poor? Yet all fair people gave Obama credit, right? You have fun trying to explain the difference. Why was it terrific when income inequality increased during the Obama years, but as soon as Trump took the oath, income inequality is evil.
Without the But....
The taxbreak that let you buy your camper will evaporate in a few years, leaving you with payments. If you were in a higher tax bracket it would not. Meanwhile the Deficit grows by the day

"The corporate response to the trade war is overwhelmingly negative"

That's true, and he is taking heat for that.

I see you made zero mention of unemployment. Hmmm, I wonder why?
Nor did you mention tariffs and how they will affect the great tax cut you received def. a tax or duty to be paid on a particular class of imports or exports.

You cannot win this one Spence, you can only expose the degree of your partisan bias.

"It seems like all of Trump's policy is so off the cuff nothing is thought out"

He beat (not by a close margin, either) the most inevitable candidate ever. The economy is soaring. Jihadists are on the run. And he nominated (from the perspective of most of his supporters) two spectacular Supreme Court picks.

He shoots from the hip without thinking, FAR too often. But he doesn't do it all the time. Again, you focus on the bad, and ignore the good (or try to make it seem like the good, isn't really all that good).

You did the exact opposite from 2009 - 2016. The exact opposite.

"This isn't a way to run a government"

His personal behavior is repugnant. As far as policy goes, I like most of what he's done, certainly not all. Unfortunately, character wasn't on the ballot in 2016. It was on the GOP ballot in 2008 and 2012, but the liberals and the media didn't respect it. They demonized it. So we nominated someone who, if he's effected at all by watching his opponents go berserk, it makes him ecstatic.

When you side decides to play fair, maybe the GOP will again nominate a person of character. As long as your side chooses to fight dirty, don't be shocked when we nominate someone who can handle it.
His method isn't hard to emulate:
Now my opponent, I have a nickname for him, I really shouldn't say this but, no I shouldn't say it. OK, I call him Big Baby Donny Bonespurs. I know it's not nice to make fun of someones aliments, but his seem to miraculously disappeared after the Vietnam War.
He told you he would solve all your healthcare issues, you would have the greatest healthcare ever, the best. What do you have, the highest healthcare costs in the world along with the highest pharmaceutical costs in the world, he's certainly made that the greatest, hasn't he? And how much more does your insurance cost now? Your kid has a congenital defect, well sorry you cant get insurance, should have thought of that before you had it.
Let's look at the National debt, When Baby Donny took over it was 4 Trillion less than it is now, but I thought he said he was going to cut it more than anyone else could. Just another Baby lie, I guess
Now let's look at infrastructure, Baby Donny knows how to build things, he can get things done for less, but so far he has produced nothing at all.
I really shouldn't talk about his morals, well actually i cant because he doesn't have any.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin