View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 11:53 AM   #49
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"The taxbreak that let you buy your camper will evaporate in a few years"

Says who?

I'll be making more then...we did think it through.

"Meanwhile the Deficit grows by the day"

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-03-09/trump-promised-to-eliminate-national-debt-in-eight-years-good-luck-with-that

Funny how people's concern for the deficit depends ENTIRELY on the party of the sitting POTUS. If you liked Obama's policies, you can't be a deficit hawk now. You just can't.
Your theory then, is that with a failing economy you Obama should have decreased the deficit?

"Nor did you mention tariffs "

The hell I didn't. Trump is getting a lot of heat (fairly) for them. So now that I addressed that, can you admit that low unemployment is great, or not?

"He told you he would solve all your healthcare issues, you would have the greatest healthcare ever, the best"

He deserves criticism for failing to deliver, just as Obama deserves criticism for being cosmically wrong about lowering costs by $2500 a year, and being able to keep your doctor. Trump and the GOP blew healthcare, they just blew it. And many conservatives were furious about it.

If he fails to get an infrastructure plan through (as Obama failed) he deserves heat for that.

You don't have to convince me that Trump has serious flaws. I concede that. You are the ones that can't concede the good that he has done.
I don't feel the need to concede anything, as far as praising Baby Donny he does plenty of that himself
But like most of what he says it is not quite true.
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgo...onomic-growth/

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin