View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 04:55 PM   #4
onsetangler

I was fishing Buzzards Bay with my father mid July this year. It was a very slow day, it was mostly blues and believe it or not, they were being incredibly selective! They weren't hitting tins or anything! I tied on a pink night n' gale, and cast it out and wham on the first cast i have an 8 pound blue! Took the skunk off the trip.

Prior to that though, I had spent part of the ride out telling my father that I had met my favorite plug builder the day before. That was John, and I had been calling Mike at M&D's all week waiting for a shipment of tally's to arrive. Finally I called and he said that they had just come in. I rushed to the shop to get one! As I walked in, John was still there. I introduced myself and selected a tally and as I was walking out, he said " Once you get tallywhacked you never go back". I thought that was a riot, and man is it true. I guess what I am trying to say is to me he was a man that's product was second to none, as was his character. His work could always help you catch fish, and the way he was as a person even though i only met him a few times, could always put a smile on your face.
onsetangler is offline   Reply With Quote