Thread: This Imus thing
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 07:53 AM   #74
fishonnelsons

I'll finally jump in, what the heck.

I watch him (past tense now) in the morning, having caffeine and waking up, before I have to face reality for the day.

Good side - having great guests on, calling it straight-on with alot of issues, charity with the "Ranch", being able to take alot of $%#*& from his staff and some of his guests.

Bad side - some times they all went too far, at least for me, Mayor Ray Negron from New Orleans - walking the line there, and maybe even worse than the Rutgers line, and then the Rutgers line.

The networks got coverage because of Imus, then they got advertisers, and money. They LET him say alot of $%#^, now the advertisers get antsy because of the stirring up, and the networks cut him off at the neck - "let's keep'em until the heat is too much, the advertising revenue is too great, when he really %^%$*'s up then we'll let him go".

As far as Sharpton, etc etc., they are making this into a cause for all of America. Good ole Jessie Jackson on CNBS this morning, "how many black announcers on TV?", come on Rev, stay on the issue, don't turn it into "let's change the world", lets fire Imus and all will be right with the world????, I don't think so.

Hey, the world is not perfect, sadly so, and neither are any of us. We all make mistakes, let the punishment fit the crime.
fishonnelsons is offline   Reply With Quote