Thread: Vertigo
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 08:52 AM   #1
DZ

Vertigo

Well, just been diagnosed with Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV). On Monday morning I woke up and reached for my glasses on the night stand. At that moment I had a feeling that the room was spinning and I was very light headed. It lasted around 10 seconds or so. I hadn't had that feeling since my very first drunk as a young man when you go to sleep and the whole bed feels like its spinning.

Once I stood up I was fine. That evening the same thing happened when I was reclined while watching TV. That night when in bed the dizzyness would kick in every time I turned over. It was scary. So I called my Doc told him my symptoms - he knew right away it was BPPV. It all is connected to the inner ear. So I'm getting ready to retire in two months and thoughts of spending lots of time standing on rock perches casting for bass - but this vertigo thing could put a real crimp to my favorite pastime. I'll be trying an Epley maneuver which is to realign the balance crystals of the ear. Has anyone dealt with this type of vertigo?

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
DZ is offline   Reply With Quote