Thread: Fake news
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 05:56 PM   #51
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Of course his ethical lapses are not applicable to anyone else. Most people recognize that. However you find something you don't like about a Democrat and you apply that to everybody. By the way do you know the manufacturer of Confederate flags? I'd like to purchase some stock in the company since they have been very prevalent since Donald Trump got elected president. Glad you like the air up there.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Yesterday you accused the entire "right" of losing so "much" of its "morals" because some have defended Trump (which, I guess, you think is immoral). Yet you think, I guess, that it is wrong to apply to all Democrats something that is not nice about one Democrat.

And now you're implying, I guess, that there is some not nice thing about Trump which is connected to, or inspires a love for, the Confederacy. And that, a mirror image of applying to everybody what is about one person, you now apply to one person (Trump) something pertaining to a whole segment of people.

Aside from your hypocrisy, would you be speaking code, or blowing a dog whistle, implying, or actually saying, that Trump is a racist? Or that he actually does not love America nor does not want to make it great, but actually hankers to the greatness of the Confederate States? Or something like that?

That's the kind of fake news that the Democrats constantly propagate. And have been doing for many years. That's why their outrage over trump seems fake to me. Is he different now than all the years before he ran for President? How come there wasn't this constant barrage of "news" about what a racist, sexist, homophobic, hateful person he was all those years? How come he was actually a celebrity? Befriended by the "left" even more than by the "right"?

That's why it's about politics--his audacity to run against the left and their anointed next-in-line. That's why the Democrat rage over certain fake news is fake rage to me. They've disseminated so much fake news over the decades that it seems to flow effortlessly out of their every orifice.

Scottw's football analogy explains a lot of what passes over you. Probably, Democrat fake tactics have been so pervasive and unchecked by the very media which approved and fed into it with its own fakery that it has been accepted as a norm, was normalized to the point where it wasn't noticed as anything peculiar. Certainly, it was never alluded to as fake news. Even though much of it was.

Last edited by detbuch; 12-08-2016 at 06:25 PM..