View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #51
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
How did they do that, exactly? Did they "extract billions" by hacking into people's accounts and taking their money?
No, they lobby to set the rules so they can exploit the system. Don't be naive, the master is ALWAYS shareholder value. That's why we have regulation.

Quote:
Spence, if I didn't read your opinions, I wouldn't be in a position to destroy them so thoroughly.

Quote:
If someone gets robbed at gunpoint, I don't blame the individual. If someone voluntarily chooses to assume a mortgage that they cannot repay, that's their problem, not my problem.
Why not? Perhaps they were walking in a bad area.

Quote:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. It sure must be nice to be in a group that gets anointed with "victim" status by liberals. When one is so anointed, liberals will tell you that nothing is ever your fault, and that you have zero responsibility or accountability. What a way to coast through life.
More evidence you don't read a single thing I post.

Quote:
Spence, if someone cannot afford a 3,000 sf house, the answer is to move them into a house they can afford. The answer is not for Obama to artificially lower the price that the house sells for.
They can't move into a house they can afford because their house is under water and they can't get a new loan.

Sure, the banks didn't mind taking risks when it was with other people's money but now that there's accountability they've shut off the spigot.

-spence