View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 10:40 AM   #80
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I love the C&P argument .. as if the information presented is somehow irrelevante
because the person who Posted it didn't write it .. not sure why youtube videos here are not looked at in the same negative Light ?

here's a C&P you'll support ..

Florida’s Senate Education committee approved a new bill supported by Florida governor Ron DeSantis (R) on Tuesday that would ban the state’s schools and private businesses from making people feel “discomfort” or “guilt” in regard to their race, sex, or national origin.

But he Says it's to protect everybody ! LOL only his followers are that gullible
This response from a Democrat Senator is precious:

“This bill’s not for Blacks, this bill was not for any other race. This was directed to make whites not feel bad about what happened years ago,” said Sen. Shevrin Jones (D-FL), adding, “At no point did anyone say white people should be held responsible for what happened, but what I would ask my white counterparts is, are you an enabler of what happened or are you going to say we must talk about history?”

He doesn't say white people should be held responsible for what happened in the past, but he would ask whites if they are enablers of (i.e. responsible for) what happened in the past.

I understand how you can enable the actions that are presently occurring, but enabling the actions of a past before you existed seems that it would require one of wdmso's time machines.

And is he saying that we don't talk about history? Is he saying that our schools don't teach what happened, don't teach about our history of slavery and how awful it was? I don't recall a time in my life that we haven't talked about slavery and the plight of blacks. I certainly learned about it in the schools I attended. I remember it being repeatedly referred to and explained in our various medias. It has been a continuous topic and cause of legislation as far as I can remember. We've had a plethora books, articles, movies, newscasts, debates, laws, regarding the stain in our history.

I guess we have arrived at a time when we must not only know about it, we must feel it. We are in the time of needing, foremost, to feel. And so we have to feel bad about what happened years ago.

Sure, we're not responsible for what happened before we were born, but if we do not feel bad about it, no matter how much we did legally to correct our past adherence to a universal centuries old evil (which we inherited--love the "inherited" excuse we like to use--as a result of being a part of the human race), no matter all that, we must be made to feel bad about it. Otherwise, even though we are not responsible for that past, if we don't feel bad about it, we have enabled it.

Last edited by detbuch; 01-22-2022 at 10:55 AM..