Thread: OBL(UBL) Killed
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 06:53 AM   #102
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
That's exactly the point...there's nothing that Panetta said (or has been reported to my knowledge) which indicates this is the case. In fact, he goes out of his way to make this clear.

I think the spooks seem to have a realistic viewpoint, not a political one.

-spence
God almighty Spence! No one can say whether or not we would have been able to get the intelligence another way. No one can say that for sure...it's pure speculation. The only thing we CAN say for sure, is that we DID get actionable intelligence from enhanced interrogation in this case. There is no rational way to deny that. If you want to argue that killing Osama wasn't worth torturing KSM, fine. But if you insist on saying that waterboarding didn't produce actionable intelligence in this case, you are no different than the birthers.

Finally, Spence, let me say this. It would be immoral NOT to waterboard in very rare circumstances. It would be completely immoral to condemn innocent Americans to fiery deaths for lack of pouring water down someone's nose. It's absolutely baffling to me that any sane person could suggest otherwise. And I don't believe for one second that any of you liberals would refuse to pour water down someone's nose to save your life, of the life of someone you love.