View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 01:52 PM   #148
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
If I asked you, or Spence, or Rockhound this question, how would you respond? Here's the question - please tell me what evidence there is, other than popular perception, that liberals care more about blacks than conservatives do? Seriously, how would you respond to that?
I can't answer for them but the policies of the 2 parties differs greatly. The Rep. always blame the problems of blacks and the poor as being no fault of anyone but themselves and say "look at so and so. They picked themselves up from a terrrible beginning and made a success of themselves. Why can't Blacks do it". The Dems. try to help those people by funding pre-k, headstart and other social service orgs. Tough to become a success if you're going to school w/an empty stomach, dirty clothes and you haven't been read to the night before.

Studies have shown that someone raised in poverty has very little chance these days of raising out of the economic class they were born to.

I used the word compassion and you attached a link to a story about giving. Certainly you can have compassion w/o giving $ (volunteering) but a lot depends on $. People aren't going to give $ for someone else to get food stamps or fund a pre K.

Waiting for Buckman to respond. Maybe he can tell me a little about the pandering?

Last edited by PaulS; 02-29-2016 at 02:05 PM..