View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 05:08 PM   #61
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
So the money I give to my church and they use to pay off the mortgage benefits some poor person in the community by putting food in their stomach - How exactly does that occur when they are taking a large % off the top for salaries and building, etc.

Edit - This isn't about churches giving to charity. It is about the Republican party and their bias towards whitey (of which I am one).

Your arguement just fell apart.
"And pls. tell me how much that is donated to churches is used for charity? What is that %? "

Beats me. Some, not all, just like any other charity.

"I never said that so either show me where I said that or admit you lied"

You said conservatives only care about white people with money. I pointed to an obvious example of how incorrect that is. Do you have any evidence to support your claim that I care only about white people with money? Or John McCain, who adopted a black girl from Bangladesh? Maybe she was so rich, that McCain overlooked her skin color.

"Can hospitals deny people coverage? "

They can (except in the ER), they choose not to. Those racist bastards.

"So the money I give to my church and they use to pay off the mortgage benefits some poor person in the community"

Yes, it allows the church to continue to exist. They have to pay the mortgage, and they have no other revenue. I don't know what church you belong to. The Catholic church supports hospitals, soup kitchens, homeless shelters, adoption programs, etc. Where do you think all that money comes from?

"It is about the Republican party and their bias towards whitey"

No, it's about the liberal claim that we only care about whitey, a claim repeated a trillion times, but with no truth to it. What Republican policies target blacks?

"Your arguement just fell apart"

By baseless claims of racism? The hell it did.