View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 11:41 AM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
As usual, you didn’t answer my question. What is the evidence, that Trump caused GM to struggle?
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/29/business/automakers-tariffs-job-cuts.html
Most fair minded people
give Trump credit, in a macro sense, for helping the economy. the tax cuts, the elimination of regulations, have helped. That doesn’t mean that every job created us because of him, though he will claim it is. Sure as hell, not every corporate failure is his fault.

You didn’t give him
any credit for the economy improving, but blame him for every bad thing. You can’t have it both ways.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
As i have said many times, Trump gives himself plenty of credit for anything good that happens, including much of which he had no hand in. I'll let him give himself grades all he wants, he said it would be more than A+
Months ago, GM told him the tariffs were going to hurt their business, he had no comment. Trump has no clue what he is doing, there will be worse to come. Nothing happens immediately in big business.
It's his turn in the barrel now and they purposely are hitting him where it hurts his base. He's not good for their business.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin