View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 08:54 AM   #24
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
True, and there are so many moving pieces, you can't assume that if we did what they did, the results would have been the same.

Bryan, is it relevant to point out, that the one thing Trump did back then (travel restrictions) was panned by the left as being an unnecessary overreaction?

It's easy, and not without some validity, to say Trump should have done more. But is there ANY reason to believe that democrats and the media would have been supportive if he went a lot further, back then? Back then, they were all saying that the virus wasn't as bad as the flu, that we didn't need to do anything drastic. I know that you don't suffer from the same selective amnesia that affects the other liberals here.

"lucky that this wasn't the 2-3% mortality otherwise we would have been #^&#^&#^&#^&ed"

100% agree.
You may be correct on some of this, but sentiment pretty quickly changed on the travel ban.

I would have settled on just having a consistent, fair-minded message on this, and ramping up the stocks of PPE, rather than blaming the last guy who left office 3 years ago....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"