View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 08:13 AM   #8
BassDawg
Trophy Hunter Apprentice

I hear ya NIB, i never could "punch" my younger bro, who was husky ~as a kid~ and bigger than me our whole lives. His kids are hosses too. That reminds me of another laffer when we were kids at our house..................

Who remembers the wrist rockets craze of the early seventies?
ALL of us had them, those and the two hard plastic balls tied together by a string coming out of each one and a ring in the middle ('72-'74??). Remember clacking them together at high rates of speed and deafening tones??? But that's a different story.............

We used to play WAR with real acorns and no goggles, you just had to dodge, juke, duck behind the oaks, elms, and hedges. Heaven forbid you should drive down any of our streets after 3:20 and before suppertime.

The first day we got them, Li'l bro was the designated moving target. We were gonna take turns, he just wanted to go first and prolly never thought we'd nail him?!!? I think it was my three best friends and i. We were 13 and he was 12. The "killing field" was a drop of about 15' below our sniper positions on the above pool deck and patio area that wrapped a portion of the back side of the house.

Funny thing was, he never copped to any of the body shots, "Missed me!" "NOPE! Not that time!" "THWACK! MAWWWWWM! Who the FFFFF shot me in the NOSE!!!" he came screaming up the hill with a direct hit to that place between the upper lip and the nostrils, the flesh ripped wide open, three stitches later, and we never knew who made the direct hit, because my buddies got sent home, immediately!??

It wasn't me, THAT time, although i have my suspicions...........................man was he pissed!!

Last edited by BassDawg; 02-21-2008 at 08:26 AM..

"The first condition of happiness is that the connection
between man and nature shall not be broken."~~ Leo Tolstoy

Tight Lines, and
Happy Hunting to ALL!
BassDawg is offline   Reply With Quote