View Single Post
Old 02-25-2016, 11:32 AM   #132
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
“Tackling and ending systemic racism requires contributions from all of us. White Americans, we need to do a better job of listening when African Americans talk about the seen and unseen barriers they face every day,” Mrs. Clinton said. “We need to recognize our privilege and practice humility rather than assume our experiences are everyone’s experiences.”

Then who are these White Americans that NEED to do a better job.....and who is this "WE" that needs to recognize OUR privilege?
Pure liberal horesh*t.

"we need to do a better job of listening when African Americans talk "

Oh, that's rich. Back during the 2008 primaries, blacks spoke out and said they wanted Barack Obama to be President. Did she "listen" to them, as she is demanding that we all do, and step aside and say "OK, if that's what you want, then in recognition of my priviledge, I will practice humility and get out of his way"? Or did she spend tens of millions of dollars to fight him, right up until the convention? What did she do to "listen"? When a black man was between her and what she wanted for herself, did she step aside? Not as I recall!

It's ALWAYS do as I say, not as I do.