Thread: IG report
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 06:36 PM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

Today we learned there were 17 acts of negligence across a sprawling 3-year investigation that if it had been like most years-long investigations, should've had scores. There was 1 act of misconduct that may've assisted in getting additional warrants on Page post-inauguration.
The predication for the FBI investigation was solid; there was no political bias; and the investigation was found to be urgent and appropriate. The FBI didn't disclose the investigation prior to the election, and it ultimately led to countless indictments and prison sentences.
So what was offensive about the testimony was its ignorance of so much of the context into which it should have known its conclusions would be placed, not that the conclusions were damaging. For instance, the FBI had every reason to investigate Page based on his history.
Today's questioning/testimony led to substantial confusion about the type of counterintelligence briefing Trump/Flynn received in August 2016 and its purpose. The FBI may change its policies going forward, but there is no doubt everything about that briefing was appropriate.
Moreover, what's actually interesting about the August 2016 briefing is that it presented an opportunity for Trump/Flynn to reveal information about the Russian attack on America that they possessed. They did not do so, further justifying the ongoing investigation of Flynn.
This IG report was one of the biggest busts in Congressional oversight history. The scope and depth of the over-promising by Trump and his sycophants that preceded it is staggering. They wove a story of deep-state conspiracies and nefarious plots that was 100% fantastical.
So I know it'd be really fun for Trumpists to think that people on the left are upset about the IG report, but I'm here to inform them that no one on the left is upset about the report. It was a huge bust. We're upset at the misinformation the hearing on the report spread.
Senator Leahy made the point that the Carter Page Portion was only 7 pages out of the over 450 pages which indicates that the other investigations were legitimate and by the book.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device