View Single Post
Old 06-03-2016, 12:54 PM   #109
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Jim, he did not say that. You've been conned by fake news. Read my previous post...

Those right-wing nuts at The Huffington Post reported that Obama used the phrase "we shall not repeat the evil". Looks like you are 100% correct, in that he didn't say it. I got it from The Huffington Ppost, not from Glenn Beck.

Here is a text of the speech from the Washington Post, as liberal as it gets...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...dae_story.html

Some notable comments...

"It is not the fact of war that sets Hiroshima apart. Artifacts tell us that violent conflict appeared with the very first man. Our early ancestors, having learned to make blades from flint and spears from wood, used these tools not just for hunting but against their own kind. On every continent, the history of civilization is filled with war"

In other words, our idiot-in-chief is saying that there was nothing unique or extraordinary about Japan's role in WWII. Tell that to the Chinese, or the captured American flyers (the ones that were not eaten, I mean).

"Every great religion promises a pathway to love and peace and righteousness. And yet no religion has been spared from believers who have claimed their faith as a license to kill."

Yeah, yeah, yeah...there's no difference between Christianity and Islam, or between Christianity and the worship of Emperor Hirohito, we get it...

"Those who died, they are like us"

Wrong. Those who died at Hiroshima, were prepared to fight to the death of their last toddler, and for what? So their country could continue its barbaric conquest of murder, rape, and cannibalism. If they were "like us", they wouldn't have embarked on a goal of global genocide. That was the whole problem...they weren't like us, not at all.

"death fell from the sky "

Peace and freedom also fell from the sky. He seems to have failed to mention that part.

Where in the speech did Obama say, "if you engage on a global quest of genocide, you will be brought to your knees, and you will get exactly what's coming to you?" Granted, many innocents got caught up in that. But the blame lies with the Japanese, not with us.