View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 10:06 AM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

“Would a reasonable viewer be coming here [to ‘Tucker Carlson Tonight’] and thinking, ‘This is where I’m going to be hearing the news of the day’?” Fox News attorney Erin Murphy asked in a hearing-via-telephone on Wednesday, according to reporter Frank G. Runyeons’s story at Law360.com.

Did you get that? If you watch Carlson’s show and think it has anything to do with news, according to Murphy, you’re just not that bright.

And in an earlier court filing, Murphy referred to “Tucker Carlson Tonight” as “hyperbolic opinion commentary,” not “sober factual reporting.” That’s not exactly a surprise — the only surprise is that Fox’s lawyers openly admitted that.

Fox News contends that it doesn’t matter if Carlson accused Karen MacDougal of a crime and got his facts wrong because “Tucker Carlson Tonight” isn’t about facts. When the judge asked Fox’s attorneys, “Does somebody in Mr. Carlson’s position have a duty of inquiry?” — the answer was no.

In other words, Carlson has no responsibility to check the facts before he starts talking on TV.

Blake Neff, a Dartmouth College graduate was recently written about in the college’s alumni magazine, saying about Carlson that “anything he’s reading off the TelePrompter, the first draft was written by me.” He said he and Carlson “see eye-to-eye on most issues.”

Except the horrific racist, misogynistic and homophobic ones?

And then some people repeat the baloney as truth, after all they heard it on the "news"

And the reason he's gone fishing up Schitt Creek is Monday’s show featured three ads from Fox fan Mark Lindell and his MyPillow.com site, as well as ads touting Bible bedtime stories, medicine to cure toe fungus and a website selling coronavirus masks.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin