View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 01:47 PM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Ok, I got it. Lie a lot, the press covers it, and it is the Dems fault. So the Dems. can't get their own party nomination elected but are smart enough to get the Reps. to vote for someone they don't want to.

I got my laugh for the day.
", the Pres. doesn't have a problem w/race "

I have said many times, Trump is a jerk who deserves much of the criticism. My calling out fake racism claims, has little to do with Trump, and more to do with everyone who isn't a liberal, getting called a racist. Everybody who opposes Obama is a racist, everybody who opposes Hilary is a sexist, everybody who wants secure borders is a xenophobe, everyone who believes in traditional gay marriage is a homophobe, everyone who sees a connection between Islam and Islamic jihadists is an Islamophobe, everyone who is anti abortion hates women's health, blah, blah, blah.

"Lie a lot, the press covers it, and it is the Dems fault"

Did McCain lie a lot? Because he got skewered in the press. Did Romney lie a lot? Because he got smeared. Did Hilary a lie a lot? Yes, and one TV station bothered to cover it. Again, I am not talking about Trump. John started this thread in response to the unfair way that Mitt Romney was portrayed. That liberal bias, led to Trump. Deny that if you want to, I'm not sure what good it serves, but it's your right.

"he Dems. can't get their own party nomination elected but are smart enough to get the Reps. to vote for someone they don't want to"

I didn't say anywhere, that the Dems did this intentionally (you are responding to a lot of things here, that no one actually said - are you feeling OK?). The Dems helped bring Trump about, by making people pizzed off about liberal bias and hypocrisy. You are, of course, free to deny that.

"the press will cover it and Jim will blame the Dems"

You seem to think I am a rabid Trump supporter. Again, maybe you aren't feeling well, because I am extremely, extremely critical of the man. But I am a fair critic of him, I criticize him for things he actually does, not made-up things. You can fill the Pacific Ocean with valid things to criticize him for, but apparently that's not nearly enough for liberals.