View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 09:58 AM   #20
Rob Rockcrawler

I have 3.
First was about 22-24 years ago at the canal. East end on the jetty in late September. Non stop action for hours and hours on big schoolies up to about 32”. Some fella gave me a storm shad because that’s what they were hitting I think they just came out that year. I had to leave and buy more after a couple dozen fish. Came back and cranked on them for another hour until dark. Went to eat at seafood sams then went back out and the fish didn’t skip a beat. Coolest part aside from the about 200 fish me and my buddy caught were the northern lights putting on a show for about an hour or so.

2nd. Another morning at the canal about 15 years ago, morning Meyhem with my dad. 4 hours of stupid fishing biggest fish were around 40, smallest maybe 36”. Probably the greater day because I shared it with my dad too bad the canal has become what it is.

Last was 8 years ago on block in November. The island was a blitz all week. Caught fish at every location no matter the time of day or night. Mostly 30-36” fish until the last night when me and crew cranked on 20-30 lbers for a couple hours. Didn’t matter what we were throwing they were biting, new moon perfect conditions for the spot. It’s been 8 years since we had a good run of fish out there. But unlike the canal I will be there every fall until I can’t make it there any longer.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Rob Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote