View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 12:38 PM   #21
MAKAI
Too old to give a....

One that I really enjoyed was on the beach. After blowing SW 20-30 plus for a few days, Skinny Bill and I did the long march at dusk to the light house.
You could smell the melon in the air. Big thumping surf, with spray blasting you in the face a constant roar in your ears, not a soul to be seen. Started fishing super strike needles but they just skipped over the surf. Went to big yellow Mambos, standing in the wash you’d be lucky to cast 20 feet. That’s all it took, the lip would dig in just enough to get them under a bit and they’d be inhaled. We had relentless fish till dawn 15 to 35 pounds. Got the living snot kicked out of us. But what fun, fat healthy fish gorging on sand eels in big white water right at your feet. Mambos being broken in two. Odd thing, as soon as it started to get past first light it shut off. Conditions were the same the next night, we did it again !
The wind layed down about 3am and it was all over.

My hands looked as if they went in a blender, my body felt like when I played rugby. I was so satiated I didn’t care if I caught a fish the rest of the season. But, to be standing in all that amped up wildness of Mother Nature, the smells, sounds and taste, with insane fishing is always in the front of the list.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by MAKAI; 09-16-2018 at 02:48 PM..
MAKAI is offline   Reply With Quote