View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 10:19 AM   #64
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
Bogus analogy. There have been several million Muslim immigrants in the last 25 years and the crime and terrorism rate is lower for the Muslim population than white males. It isn't 1 in 100 skittles. it is one in 500,000. When you weight the cost/benefits of immigration and refuge relocation, I will take those odds fine.
"the crime and terrorism rate is lower for the Muslim population than white males" Sure, death at the hands of Islamic jihadists, is not the #1 cause of death in the USA. That doesn't mean it's not a very serious issue.

"It isn't 1 in 100 skittles. it is one in 500,000"

I don't know what the % is, I have heard it's as high as 3% - 5% who support the jihad. It's not 1 in 500,000, that would mean 4,000 jihadists. No one knows what the number is.

"I will take those odds fine"

You have every right to say that. And I have every right to say, "I don't want to roll those dice". I don't think that makes you an idiot, and I sure don't think my stance makes me an idiot. Nor do I think it makes me an Islamophobe, which is how most people on the left describe my position.