View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 12:26 AM   #57
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke41 View Post
Ok we got a snow day to play with so let me start stirring up the pot with some political observations. This week the guys that want to be the Republican candidates for president went to Iowa to audition for the Koch Brothers. Let me tell you I want to, I need to vote Republican. As part of the Eastern Liberal non elite I am begging you to find a candidate that I can vote for without feeling like an idiot.

So far it has been a lot of retreads. Lets cover them.

Rick Perry. If you look closer his glasses they don't have any lenses, someone told him he wouldn't look or act so stupid if he wore glasses. They forgot to tell them about why they are called glasses in the first place.

Sarah Palin. WTF she sounded like she was having a stroke. Just a series of confusing Haiku's that only she could understand. Please just go away. You are killing us.

Mike Huckabee. Buddy come on, If you can look in the mirror and truly love the guy you see then you can run for president if you cant then get some help. Small steps friend it will be okay.

Ted Cruz. You know the cliché about the closet homosexual politician that votes against gay marriage. Cruz is that guy on immigration. How can a guy with the last name Cruz be against immigration. He must cry himself to sleep every night.

Rand Paul. Do you remember that really smart, smug #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& you knew in college. He got elected Senator. Has zero friends knows he is surrounded by morons. Cant believe this idiots won't vote for him.

Chris Christie. The guy can be mean and mean people suck. One of his first acts of office would be arranging payback for all those fools that crossed him.

Milt Romney. I like Milt, he doesn't like me. If your goals, just happen to be the same as his goals than great, if not then your screwed.

there some other guys sniffing around the party. No real feel on them yet.

I tell you if this great party that brought us Reagan and Theodore Roosevelt and the greatest president Lincoln, wants us to vote one of the above guys in. If this is the best we can do. then maybe its time to start a new party. I do not mean the tea party. That's a whole other s-show.

If you want my vote, earn it. Don't pick on the poor and needy, don't harass the president, don't be us against them. Be humble, be cooperative and be inclusive. I really don't feel like any of the guys that went to Iowa are electable. Clean house and get moving.
Well . . . trying to figure out who, or what, could earn your vote, or not make you feel like an idiot if you did vote for him/her, is kinda hard considering what you said about the six Repubs you mentioned and then what you summarized as earned requirements at the end . . . maybe a mendicant priest or holy man with a Harvard degree in personal grooming with a minor in speaking smooth bullchit.

Good luck with that. Don't think there are any Dems or Repubs running, or existing, that could match those qualifications. A third party would probably be what you need, but not sure what kind of platform such a party could concoct to fit your preferred candidate.

Then, again, maybe you like Hillary. But, you apparently don't like retreads, and she has several more old treads encrusted on her political tires than any of the Repubs you mentioned.

And her glasses, when she wears them, don't look any better or more authentic than Perry's.

And she may not sound like she's having a stroke, as you say Palin did, but she can screech like a banshee or drone on in manly monotone about boring platitudes and wonkish policy.

She probably could, unlike what you think Huckabee couldn't, look at herself in the mirror and not only truly love what or who she sees, but ask "mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?"

And she would certainly compare in contradiction as you say Cruz does with the closet homosexual who votes against gay marriage. By your comparison, someone with a name like Cruz being against immigration might compare to someone with the wealth of Hillary being against the rich and for the poor.

And what you said about Rand Paul--my gosh, could fit Hillary to a tee--"Do you remember that really smart, smug #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& you knew in college. She got elected Senator. Has zero friends knows she is surrounded by morons. Can't believe these idiots won't vote for her." Everybody knows she is the smartest woman in the world, and smarter than most men if not all of them . . . certainly smarter that any Republican.

And, for sure, ditto what you said about Christie can be said about Hillary--being mean and all, and arranging payback for those that crossed her.

And, OMG, just like what you said about Mitt--"If your goals, just happen to be the same as her goals then great, if not then your screwed."

Well, It looks like, when it comes time to pull the lever or punch the chad, you're screwed.

Or, maybe, you might consider voting for President someone who does not aspire to being the political all-in-all. Someone who will perform only those duties that are given as his/her responsibilities in the document he/she swears to protect and defend. Someone who does not desire, or even think she/he has the right, to intrude in most every aspect of your life, but leave you free to live your life and pursue your happiness in your own way. If such a one exists any more. I think they do.

But you have to want more than the shiny turds that well-polished politicians tend to offer.

BTW, Reagan and T. Roosevelt, though both had strong personalities and were inspiring speakers, they were opposite in political philosophy. Roosevelt was a Progressive, the first progressive President, and had little respect for the Constitution. He considered himself, as President, to be above and beyond the Constitution and openly disavowed the limits it placed on him. He believed government, especially the President, to be all-powerful and the "solution." Reagan was far more "conservative" and respectful of the Constitution. He considered government to be the problem.

Last edited by detbuch; 02-05-2015 at 12:51 AM..