View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 01:25 PM   #100
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
of what? he guy who was there concedes he shot first. he says he didn’t hear them
announce themselves.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
1. Prove that they actually announced themselves 1X let along repeatedly
2. See Pete's post below. If that is true, the body cam should prove they announced as police before knocking the door in. If they did, case closed.

I also agree once it started, the police reacted as they are trained. One of the questions to ask, should they have been there in that form and way at all. It seems like the evidence was pretty muddled for that style of raid/arrest/search.

From Pete's post:
Walker admits he fired first. But he says he fired only after he and Taylor repeatedly asked who was pounding at the door, got no answer, and after a battering ram busted open the door. If Walker reasonably believed that the men breaking into the apartment were not police, he had every right to defend himself and Taylor. At that point, the police also had the right to return fire. The latter would be true even if the courts later determined that the police had failed to properly identify themselves (which would make this a no-knock raid) and the no-knock portion of the warrant was later determined to be illegal (which it was). That’s how the law works.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"