View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 08:36 AM   #25
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

I thought it was the Texas Rangers.

But to address the post, what is lost in all this BS is the key word
LEADERSHIP

How much experience did Alexander the Great, Atilla the Hun, Ghandi, Hitler, etc have?
yet, they had massive accompisments, some not the best for humanity, but still massive undertakings whihc required one thing - leadership
My favorite scene in any film and should be the template for all leadership studies is in Band of Brothersm when they were attacking Caratan (sp?) The troops were in ditches on the side of the road and where under machine gun fire. Corp Winters gets up and starts pushing the troops to get up and go, hitting them, pushing them and yelling to get up an go. That to me is the epitome of leadership, putting yourself in the line of fire to push towards an objective. Did Winters have "experience" getting shot at? Nope, they just landed in Normandy a day or two earlier. Leadership is a quality and not something experience offers. Great leaders know how to leverage the experienced people and drive them to meeting the goals. I am not a fan of Obama, but I dont buy the experience argument. I also dont think he is a leader, but thats another story

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all