View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 02:00 PM   #11
basswipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
I am/was a casual fan who admires speed and skill of drivers at speed. Key word; skill.

Rule changes as a sport evolves makes for a better sport, in most cases. Nascar does not have rules on track. Same rules as chariots in ancient Rome... wreck 'em you win. And Kyle Busch needs someone to eff him up....
Quote:
Pffft. Don't even know what happened.
Exactly my point.Google 79 Daytona 500.

If you admire speed and skill and think these guys lack it then you really are a casual fan.

Same rules as ancient chariots...not really.The amount of on track rules is bigger than the US tax code,its so micro-managed its sickening.

Outside of recently retired drivers like Gordon and Jr. and current drivers like Harvick and Truex,Kyle Busch though not the most likable is one on the most skilled drivers to EVER sit behind the wheel.

As far Nascar going down the tubes I would agree but it has nothing to do with how drivers like Busch drive,its the insane amount of rules and the stupidity of the playoff system and stage racing.The longtime hardcore fans like myself can't stand this type of crap racing.

Simply put:just let them race.

Last edited by basswipe; 07-22-2018 at 02:05 PM..
basswipe is offline   Reply With Quote