Thread: Boat Project
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2021, 03:12 PM   #98
Linesider82

1 for 5 on walleye

first of many right? the schools of bait marked by the electronics were exciting to say the least. big marks heading up through the masses revealed feeding walleye. I made the stupid comment of "we're gonna get them" I missed 4 of 5 on an ebay purchase of the berkley friendzy (discontinued crankbait) and I've been thinking about it since. It wasn't until I re-rigged a stouter rod that on troll the fish was caught. Same line, lure, leader, just a better setup made the difference.

IMG_20210619_235844_751.jpg
IMG_20210627_194307_773.jpg
KIMG1695.jpg

Sunday was a repeat just full glass water to maybe a 1.0' chop, we trolled some awesome bass up around 3.5-4.0 lbs but no monsters.

both nights I got to use my new headlight/spotlight which was awesome in its momentary use, and the radar felt like a godsend running back to the ramp after midnight in a downpour sat into sunday, and sunday into monday of that weekend. It worked because it allowed me to "see" the boats along the way in my path before I could physically see them.

One of the coolest things was on Saturday into Sunday night, I was watching the water running the 4 miles to the ramp. I asked my brother to pay attention to the radar blimps, he said "Hey matt, I don't know what this is but it's moving" I came off throttle a bit, and said "what color is it?" He replied "blue" I stopped the boat and we watched as a loon or cormorant went across the screen. My brother and I finished the night with an intense game of cribbage before finding a spot to sleep for what seemed like a minute before fishing again.

**forgot to add, monday was 3-4 foot waves** didn't even bother.
Linesider82 is offline   Reply With Quote