Thread: Prometheus
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #6
FishermanTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySaxatilis View Post
SPOILER ALERT< IF YOU WANNA SEE THIS MOVIE W/O KNOWING ANYTHING AVERT YOUR EYES

Saw it. crazy special effects but my stupid ass needed it to be explained afterwards. Lots of underlying themes and messages. And I liked it more after i actually figured out what the hell was going on. Self sacrafice being the biggest theme, with the alien at the very beginning on earth sacraficing himself for human life, along with what the installation really was, why aliens kept visiting earth essentially becuase humans kept almost destroying themselves over generations, and that the last straw had been broken, and they were about to wipe humans out after all the recent atrocities in the last few hundred years they've witnessed. It was really interesting. and freakin gross. All I'll can say is, automated surgery machine...

"this machine is calibrated for male anatomy"

Although it was hinting at the "Alien" storyline, it differed in ways that kept it from being linked to that series of movies, and you were more focused on the current story and not on how it would lead into the movie Alien. It was a well made film with subtle subplots with the android (one link to the Alien series) and the "corporate involvement" (another).
All in all it was a good flick.
My brother had picked up the original Alien movies (Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection) on Blueray at Bestbuy for $10 each, and they each came with a coupon for $10 to see Promethius.
Soooooo we got to see the movie for $0.50 and he got his dvds.
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote