View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 06:52 AM   #1
Rmarsh

Rant on spoiled kids

I was helping my son and daughter in law move into their newly rented home, mostly to handle some of the heavy and bulky furniture. A small contingent of her relatives had also come from out of town to help, they had brought along a six year old boy and put on a movie to keep him occupied.

Earlier in the week I had installed the new 60" tv my son had bought, and after the work was done I thought I'd sit down with a beer and watch football. I picked up the remote and told the boy it was time to watch some football he gave me a frown and ran to tell his mama. I could not have cared less...in my family the adults are in charge.

Later I offered to pick up a few pizzas for everyone. My wife told me the boys mother had asked if I could pick up some mcdonalds fries as that is all he likes...I told her the pizza joint had fries and I would get some. When I got back, I said to the boy "Hey buddy I got you some fries, you want some?" He gives me a cold stare... "you want some ketchup? we got ketchup" no answer. So I say "thats okay if you dont want them, I like fries I'll eat them". Runs off again to tell mama.

I heard that he isnt toilet trained yet and prefers to have his mother change his diaper. I met the dad, poor guy is completely dominated by his wife, and child.

My wife and I both decided early on when we had children that we will be in charge, and that children wont get their way by acting out, we made a point of telling them "no" and sticking to it as a team.

Grumpy Old Bob
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote