View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 09:24 AM   #9
Adam_777

I've been weighing all the odds and ends here.Some times I have to cross a small area to fish an area that I wade.Waders even if they fill won't sink you to the bottom.They will add about 400lbs to you and not allow for an exit of anything less than rolling out.My only advice to guys wearing waders in yaks is make sure you have a sharp knife to cut your waders off.Life jacket is a must have.Dry suits are funny looking and pretty expensive but will keep you dry and warmer in colder spring waters.Not sure wetsuits will keep you warm if your staying mostly dry.Myself I've worn a rainsuit and waterproof sealskinz socks.Keeps you dry from paddle drips and splash.It's been said before and will be said again and again.Drysuits are the safest when yakking.Waders present danger and should be avoided.In the warm months just wear light breathable raingear and life jacket.My .02 .BTW Bigfish Larry have you tried to flipping the yak and getting back in yet.Thats another must do thing because it's only a matter of time that it will happen and you'll be more confident knowing you can do it.
Adam_777 is offline   Reply With Quote