View Single Post
Old 01-24-2023, 08:48 AM   #102
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I guess Jim doesn’t own a TV or if so hasn’t really been watching, the commercials and the programming are all evidence our society has changed and accepted the portrayal of same sex, transgender and even the dreaded drag life styles. I won’t argue Jim’s position on preferring a normal from thirty or forty years ago, because I too feel we have become a disconnected society in many ways. But since it is now the normal and our kids are exposed in everyday life and may (debate that point) benefit from a educator handling questions that parents may not be willing or able to answer.
Hey Einstein, I was in favor of gay marriage before the state of CA voted it down, I was for it when Hilary and Obama were still opposed to it.

The fact is, the FL bill that the entire left referred to as "don't say gay", didn't do anything to single out homosexuality. It said that no sexuality of any kind (not homosexuality, not heterosexuality) was allowed in grades K-3. Is that really a hate-mongering bill? Do you feel the need to expose 5 year-olds to sexuality in public school? Maybe that says something about you, and about the people who opposed a bill that said "no sex to 5 year-olds".

While I'm in favor of gay marriage, I'd like to be left out of it, I don't need homosexuality shoved in my face every time I turn around. There's a good reason why bedrooms have doors. It's supposed to be private.

And the notion that young teenagers of both sexes should share locker rooms and bathrooms is so stupid, it's hard to believe anyone is OK with it.

Let 5 year-olds be kids. They aren't mature enough to process anything sexual. And with all the school they missed (FL missed less than most states), let's give them more reading and writing.

You want to teach 5 year old about sex, do it with your family, on your own time.

This is what the citizens of FL want. This is why he was re elected in a rout. If the law is unconstitutional, it will be challenged. Otherwise, elections have consequences.