View Single Post
Old 02-10-2004, 04:10 PM   #33
Jimbo

gf2020, where ya been with that advice!? Definitely get her parent's approval, especially her dad, especially if they're more traditional type folk. It will be appreciated and remembered for years to come. As long as everyone else is offering suggestions about where to shop, etc., I was a real novice about this stuff and I don't remember if there were Zales or Diamond Exchange or any of those bigger places back than, but I went to a small jewelry store, I remember if vividly (just around the corner from Hamburger Choo Choo for any you old Long Island guys who know Huntington). Anyway, we got together with the jeweler and first she picked out the ring she liked, which sort of dictated what kinds of shaped diamonds would fit. They guy was patient and dind't try to sell us more than I could afford. Ended up getting a diamond that was probably part of an estate sale. Just as good as any right out of the ground. FWW is right, she will come back later for the 5 and/or 10 year band ("Honey look what you just bought me for our 10th anniversary!" "Thank you so much for the diamond earrings you bought me for out 15th!"...) and she went to a bigger place for that, but I sure liked how I was treated at the small, local place right around the corner. Just food for thought.

Last edited by Jimbo; 02-10-2004 at 04:15 PM..
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote