View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 04:13 PM   #18
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockport24 View Post
HA! the point is that the friggin thing undeniably looked like a bomb, so of course there needed to be some alarm. Oh yeah and it was in a SCHOOL. Its funny how law abiding citizens can't carry guns in schools, but fake bombs that scare people is just an overreaction and racist.
I don't see how you could do anything with a clock and not make it look like a bomb, if you're a Muslim

A local Dallas paper investigated this and didn't find any evidence it was a hoax, people just want to assume...

Quote:
The point about engineering is that all this kid did was take apart a clock and put it in a box, as Bill Maher said: "that's like pouring cheerios into a bowl and saying you invented cereal"
At that age I was doing the exact same thing. Rip stuff apart, put it back together. Hell, if you could make anything work you thought you were a genius.

Quote:
OH and why does this kid need $15M, didn't facebook offer him a job for that kind of salary already???
I'd wager that 1) they're still pissed at how bad the kid was treated by the school and police and 2) external pressure is coaching the family to keep the story in the news.