View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 06:34 AM   #30
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tautog01 View Post
Tautog01, where the hell didja find that one? I had no idea you were so musically inclined, I thought you spent most of your time mutilating green crabs...

Hey, I saw Hendrix and the Experience at the old RI Auditorium in the Spring of '69. It was awesome - and actually this is one of those "no s**t, this really happened" stories - the Auditorium caught fire, the crowd panicked and rushed for the exits while he was on.

Jimi was in the middle of 'Purple Haze' and just kept playing - my date freaked grabbed my hand and bolted for the doors and all of a sudden I had visions of Cocoanut Grove - yanked her back and wouldn't let go, went to the vacant front row seats and watched him finish.

Hey, you know, ya try to tell kids that today and they'll say 'Don't believe ya, don't believe ya'...

"There is no royal road to this heavy surf-fishing. With all the appliances for comfort experience can suggest, there is a certain amount of hard work to be done and exposure to be bourne as a part of the price of success." From "Striped Bass," Scribner's Magazine, 1881.
Crafty Angler is offline   Reply With Quote