View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 08:38 PM   #56
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

John and TDF, I think you really nailed it by bringing up scouting. No one wants to hear that there is an almost sure-fired solution, but that solution involves discipline and work. Liberalism is based more on the philosophy of "if it feels good, do it, and don't expect me to face the consequences".

I wonder how many families that are heavily involved in scouting, are truly dysfunctional. Not nearly as much dysfunctionality as the average family, I am certain of that.
A lot of it is about being good role models to kids - particularly the bigger kids to the younger kids, and showing the kids how a little training and doing can be great tools in life. This is particularly beneficial to the kids with single / divorced parents. I was one of those kids and that and (believe it or not) a good environment with other good kids helped me a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
BTW John, another Boy Scout rule for you to think about
as YOU grow older, "Be Prepared".

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
3 and 1/2 years away until 80, John, no joke, I was a Cub Scout at age 7.
See - I thought you were just failing a little at math but rounding up (slightly) is acceptable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
What if I told you that black anger has been fueled by the music industry who's ceo's have heavily invested in privately owned prisons ?

More anger... More crime... More profits !
Hip Hop and the music industry, bastions of right wingers.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: