View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 06:57 AM   #29
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
That was a joke.

That's not the point. I'm all for better control of our borders, but from her perspective...she was just trying to make a better life.

I don't think she could be charged under this section of code as she's already here...

-spence
I figured it was tongue in cheek , almost funny too.

You're all for better control, except for those that want a better life? Then perhaps she should apply for legal immigration status and legally enter this country. Do you think immigrants that come through breaking our laws to get in generally will be law abiding citizens after some kind of amnesty? Sorry, I just have an issue with people breaking the laws and then being given wrist slaps at best.

I think our biggest problem with immigration is that we do not get enough of the best and brightest that come here legally and retain them. Instead, half the elected government turns and looks the other way for the main influx of immigrants we have. But as a country, we stopped looking forward to improve ourselves and instead became the baby sitter.

"I don't think she could be charged under this section of code as she's already here..."

Law no longer applies. Nice.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: