View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 08:08 PM   #27
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

You seem like someone who makes their mind up first, then spouts off the limited facts that support their conclusion, and ignores all other facts. "Reason" works better when you consider all the facts evenly,then form your conclusion.

If you don't know about thyat busway, look it up, then tell me it's not a stupid idea...
I think you kinda show in your own post there that your "spouting off " statement is a bit... unfair considering I said I didn't know enough about the road to comment. You may not agree with what I say, but I tend to pay an enormous amount of attention to issues I am interested in and typically won't comment unless I have a well developed opinion. The only reason I got involved in this forum against my best judgment is that I kept noticing crap get posted as if it were based on facts, when it too often was not.

Anyway, I am still reading up on the bi-way, but here is some of what I have found. I don't have an opinion yet.
"The DOT estimates the project will cost $567 million, with the federal funds covering 80 percent of that.

"The project already has some state funding committed, but would need another $22 million in state bonding, according to the DOT.

Connecticut has already spent $60 million on the busway, including about $48 million in federal funds. Marie warned last year that the state might have to repay the federal money if it scraps the busway."

"The DOT projects that 15,000 people a day will use the busway, alleviating some of the rush-hour congestion on I-84 between West Hartford and Hartford."

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.